- Customer must be an active account on the Company's system and in good payment standing.
- The system must be permanently installed on the customer's premise.
- The customer must declare the installed system will remain in place on the account holder's premise for the duration of its useful life which shall be deemed to be a minimum of ten (10) years.
- The solar modules and inverters shall be new equipment and include a manufacturer's warranty of ten (10) years.
- No retail electric account will be eligible for a solar rebate for more than one hundred and fifty kilowatts (150 kW) of new or expanded new capacity irrespective of the number of meters/service points associated with the account holder.
- The system shall meet all requirements of 4 CSR 240-20.065 and the Company's Net Metering Rider.
- The system must be situated in a location where a minimum of eighty-five percent (85%) of the solar resource is available to the system.
- The customer must execute an affidavit for Company's use in complying with §393.1030 RSMo.
- The system or expansion of an existing system must become operational after December 31, 2009, and on or before December 31, 2023.
Solar Rebates - Residential - Central - Liberty
Solar Rebates Information
Liberty is currently accepting solar rebate applications pursuant to its Solar Rebate Rider, tariff sheets 23-23h, and rebate payments are available pursuant to law and Liberty tariff. Liberty has not filed with the MoPSC a sixty-day notice of reaching its annual retail rate impact limit pursuant to RSMo. Section 393.1030.
Effective May 16, 2015, Liberty began offering rebates for Missouri customers for qualifying solar installations in accordance with the Missouri Renewable Energy Standard and Liberty Utilities Solar Rebate Rider approved by the Missouri Public Service Commission (MPSC). Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis determined by the application postmark date and availability guidelines listed below.
Customer must have a completed and approved Net Metering Application and Agreement on file with the Company in accordance with the Company's .
Application is included in Net Metering Rider document below:
Net Metering Rider
ATTN: ENERGY SERVICES/NET METERING
PO Box 127
Joplin MO 64802
Summary of Rebate Levels for Approved Applications
|Application Received on or before December 31 of the Year||Operation Status Achieved on or before June 30 of the Year||Rebate Rate per Watt|
|$0.25 per watt for systems operational between July 1, 2019, and December 31, 2023|
|Note, rebates for systems will expire on December 31, 2023|
1. Your PV system is subject to the Commission’s current rates, rules, and regulations. The Commission may alter its rules and regulations and/or change rates in the future. If this occurs, your PV system is subject to those changes, and you will be responsible for paying any future increases to electricity rates, charges, or service fees from the Company.
2. The Company’s electricity rates, charges, and service fees are determined by the Commission and are subject to change based upon the decisions of the Commission. These future adjustments may positively or negatively impact any potential savings or the value of your PV system.
3. Any future electricity rate projections which may be presented to you are not produced, analyzed, or approved by the Company or the Commission. They are based on projections formulated by external third parties not affiliated with the Company or the Commission.