Saving Water Tips - Residential - Central - Liberty
Did You Know?
Did you know that a running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day?! Leaks are sneaky and can waste a whole lot of water over a short period of time, adding up to a lot of wasted money.
Below are some fixes to common leaks around the house. If these simple fixes do not work, or you are not comfortable fixing them yourself, call a trusted handyman or licensed plumber to get the job done.
- Change landscaping irrigation timers with the seasons.
- Don’t drowned you plants! Shut off automatic watering systems when it rains.
- Use faucet aerators that are 1.5 GPM or lower.
- Skip your next watering cycle after a rain event. Your plants will thank you.
- Reduce evaporation by mulching your landscaping and potted plants.
- Check hoses, connectors and spigots regularly. Replace them when necessary.
- Check for leaks around the house once a month.
- Only do full loads of dishes when running the dishwasher.
- Reuse clean household water by watering potted plants with it.
- Wash produce in a pan instead of under running water.
- Take shorter showers.
- Fill the sink when washing dishes instead of letting the water run.
- Turn the water off when you’re not actively using it.
- Only fill the bath tub up a third of the way.
- Do full loads of laundry or set the water level to the correct size of the load