Low Income Pilot Program - Missouri Electric Only
Implemented in February 2017, the Missouri Low-Income Pilot Program provides electric bill payment assistance to Missouri customers meeting eligibility requirements.
How does it work?
This program provides qualified Missouri customers with a bill statement which reflects a monthly credit equal to the monthly customer charge and revised bill payment amount under the following conditions:
- The customer must have applied with a designated Community Action Agency (CAA), either Economic Security Corporation (ESC), or Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC).
- Customer must remain current within two (2) billing cycles to continue on the program. Customers that default on payments for two (2) consecutive months will be removed from the program and will not be allowed back into the program for 12 months.
- Customers receiving monthly credits must be enrolled in the Average Payment plan with any under or over collection balance existing at the settlement month rolled over and spread equally across all monthly bills in the next APP year.
- Customers must make all payments on-time (before the delinquent date).
- Monthly bill credits will be adjusted so the customer's total bill after the monthly credit is a minimum of $10 (ten dollars) per month. Credits will be calculated in these circumstances once the Average Payment Plan (Rider AP) billing amount has been determined.
*Participation available until program funding limit is reached.